If you are temporarily blocked on WhatsApp, here is how you can fix it:
If you are using any third-party WhatsApp app like WhatsApp GB or Plus there may be a chance that you have received an in-app-notification stating that “your WhatsApp account is temporarily blocked/banned”.
The main reason for this bock/ban is that you are not using the official WhatsApp app.
According to WhatsApp, the user’s account can be permanently blocked/banned if they continue using third-party apps.
In this Guide, we are going to tell you a step-by-step guide on how to lift this temporary ban from the WhatsApp account.
1. Working Internet.
- Active phone No. and Gmail account.
- Any file manager App installed on your device.
Before proceeding, you need to take a complete backup of the chat, history and multimedia content before to the official WhatsApp app.
To do this, first, you need to check the name of your current WhatsApp on your device and then follow the steps for that specific app.
For GB WhatsApp:
It is strongly recommended to follow these steps carefully of you will lose all of your chat histories.
- First, you need to wait for the temporary ban timer to end and then head to GB WhatsApp.
- Tap on “More options” and then head to “chats”.
- Under chant section, tap on “Back up Chats” to take the complete backup.
- Now open any file manager installed on your device and then search for GB WhatsApp folder and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Once you are done, Open Google Play store and download the official WhatsApp app from Play store.
- Now Follow On-Screen instructions and start using the app.
- At the back-up found screen, tap on restore options and then wait for the process to complete.
For WhatsApp Plus:
Those who are using WhatsApp Plus need not do much they simply need to take complete chat back up and then install the official WhatsApp from google play store and then need to follow the steps on the screen and then click simply click on restore and you are done.